Lou Howell Photography Terms & Conditions
In the following terms & conditions “the photographer” shall mean Louise Howell trading as Lou Howell Photography. “The client” is the person or organisation to whom the invoice is addressed (whether or not the Client is acting for a third party)
These terms & conditions cannot be varied in any way by the clients unless such conditions are expressly agreed by the photographer in writing
1. Upon receipt of the booking fee, Lou Howell Photography will reserve the time and date agreed and will not make any other reservations for that time or date. The booking fee also covers the cost of the initial consultation, administration, planning and preparations. For this reason, any payment made is non-refundable.
2. In the unlikely event of severe medical, natural, or other emergencies, it may be necessary to retain an alternative photographer. Lou Howell Photography will make every effort to secure a replacement photographer of the same professional standing and ability able and/or willing to provide a similar package as chosen in this contract at the same/similar tariff. If such a situation should occur and a suitable replacement is not found, responsibility and liability is limited to the return of all payments received.
3. Lou Howell Photography will take the utmost care with respect to exposure, transportation and processing of photographic files. However, in the unlikely event of the Client’s photographs being lost, stolen or destroyed for reasons within or beyond Lou Howell Photography’s control, the latter’s liability is limited to the return of all payments received.
4. In the event that the Client cancels wishes to cancel the contracted services for wedding photography outlined in this invoice before the wedding ceremony takes place, the booking fee will be forfeit. Lou Howell Photography agrees to refund all additional paid money (less any expenditures for which receipts will be provided), to the client.
5. The Client understands and agrees that the entire amount owed for the photography package is due no later than 4 weeks before the wedding day unless both parties have written consent otherwise.
6. The Clients hereby allows Lou Howell Photograph to display any images to promote the business by means of advertising, publicity material, websites, exhibitions, competitions, magazine articles, and other such media, providing that the images are used lawfully and without damage to the clients.
7. If any provision of this agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable under the law, the validity of this agreement as a whole shall not be affected, and the other provisions of the agreement shall remain in full force and effect.
8. No unedited images or raw files will be released.
Lou Howell Photography takes your privacy and the handling of your data seriously. Any data collected, including, but not limited to, your names, email addresses and mailing address are used solely in the provision of photographic services, are stored securely and are never shared with any third parties.
In order to create and deliver photographic services and to deliver the comprehensive coverage seen in my portfolio, it is also necessary that I store images of your likeness, both of yourselves as signatories and, in the case of weddings, of your families and guests, as both jpg and RAW files on secure storage. These are stored separately from your full names and other data, and the two are never associated.
Your right to be forgotten
You have the right to withdraw your consent to have your data or photographs stored at any time. If you choose to do this, please email louhowellphotography.co.uk stating so.